Our Journey...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, June 15, 2012

Birthday & an Anniversary

I am taking this moment to officially blame Celebrity Cruise Line's for Houston's birthday and our anniversary being so close together.  :P 

Houston turned 27 on the 5th.  I asked about 100 times what he wanted to do for his birthday, and in perfect "guy" fashion he said he didn't know.  So, it ended up us going out to eat with his parent's to this really fantastic restaurant in Draper called Vuz. 


It's really quite expensive, but it was amazing.  They have lobster bisque as one of the soups... Okay, I don't really like lobster, but this was so good!  I could order just that and be happy.  Anyway, as for what he got from me.  He wanted a certain type of computer mouse and a new mouse pad, so I delivered.  I know it will be well used. 

 I had to work on Saturday, our anniversary so we hit the movies the night before...


The Anniversary was a lot better planned.  It was Houston's year to plan.  We ate at Macaroni Grill.  That was where we ate when he asked me to become his girlfriend.  That was fun to talk about the old days as we ate.  Afterwards we walked over into the Riverwoods shops and got dessert in Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.  I wanted him to see this fun little store called Blickenstaff's.  They sell old games and candy.  It's a really fun store!  While we were in there, we found a full rack of marbles.  Houston said that he wished they still made marbles out of glass.  I didn't know they ever changed, but lucky us, the ones they sold there were 100% glass.  They had so many different colors to choose from.  We decided that would be our anniversary splurge buy.  We did get each other gifts besides that. Lol!  After walking around in there we went over to Rocky Mountain Wing Shack to meet up with our friends to watch the last game between The Heat and The Celtics to see who would go the NBA Finals.   It was a fun night.  Here are some photos from that evening...

Here's our marbles.  Mine are on the left.  They look like the ones I played with at my grandpa's house growing up.  Houston chose the tiger marbles!  They had instructions on how to play. We will be playing soon. :)


This is Houston's gift to me.  I needed a new little camera.  I've had a few chances so use it and it's awesome!

Here's my gift to Houston.  He needed new shoes.  They are so much more cool in person!


We didn't only buy marbles in Blickenstaff's.  They had a photo booth. 
Here's to 3 years!

It's so weird to think that we have been married that long.  The pictures above really do tell you how we are when no one's looking.  Just a couple of weirdos.  Lol!  Now we move to year 4.  I'm excited to see how this next year is for us.  I feel like we haven't even scratched the surface of our lives together.  There are many more funny moments, mysteries and adventures to be had.  No one I would rather spend it with. <3 <3 <3

4 comments:

  1. You're so cute... and such a cute couple! PS. I notice that the shoes are in Halloween colors.. bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm so happy for you two! You are perfect for each other and a happy birthday to Houston as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that you guys take turns planning. Our anniversary is creeping up on us at the end of this week, and as usual, neither of us has any idea as to what we want or how we want to celebrate. Matt's only request for a present was that I not have this baby until next week. It's too bad that I have so little control over it... haha!

    ReplyDelete