Our Journey...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Three Signs of a Good Halloween

I think it goes without saying that Halloween is good regardless of what happens in a specific year, but I had a few stories I thought I would share just to make to squirm, or laugh, or both.  ;)

First off, I had a jewelry party 2 weeks ago (to be posted about later).  Since it was in October I figured I could get away with doing Halloween treats and decor.  So, I got a small sugar pumpkin and carved it into a vampire face to place outside my parent's, otherwise Halloween-less house.  It remained there until 2 days ago.  I quite enjoyed watching it slowly turn from a scary vampire to an angry old man with no teeth...  In it's decaying state the teeth curled back inside and the skin became wrinkly.  I thought it was quite cute.  Lol! Needless to say, my parent's didn't think so.  His final resting place became the garbage can.   (Only a person like me could find joy in watching this poor pumpkin's gross transformation)

Now for the most dramatic story.  Monday afternoon I was sitting in front of the computer messing around with Itunes.  With that being said, I didn't hear Boo come in through the cat door.  I had turned and saw him in the corner of my eye.  When I turned and looked at him I see my favorite thing...(Not really)  He was devouring a small bird.  I was so angry!  I've had to clean up bird feathers before, and wasn't exactly happy about doing it again.  I was so mad, in fact, that I grabbed a water bottle that had about a swallow of water in it, and threw it at him. I didn't hit him, but it did scare him enough that he ran straight out the cat door.  I took a few deep breaths and walked into the kitchen and grabbed some paper towels.  Now for the worst part.  I get over there expecting a bunch of bird feathers...  Oh no,  this time he left half a bloody wing, a bunch of blood on the carpet, and the head... That's right!!!  THE HEAD!!!  I was squirming.  I just couldn't do it..  I put the paper towel over it, so I wouldn't have to look at it.  I could just imagine picking it up and feeling that severed head, let alone the beak!  But the other hand, I didn't want to leave it there until Houston got home either.  All in all, I finally went and got on heavy duty leather work gloves.  I was able to pick it up, WITHOUT feeling the head and such, but I did squirm and gag, the whole time.   I honestly think, it's Boo's  way of saying, "Happy Halloween, my human caregiver."  It gotta be a good year... it just has to. If I can get through that.

Now for the last, and the best.  Tonight for dinner the choice was either waffles or going out to JCW's.  JCW's won out, considering both of us wanted some sort of protein with our meal. (waffles don't really deliver in that department)  As we ate we talked about our Halloween costumes.  I wont say what they are yet.  I'll post pictures later.  My great friend Brynn, is the Queen of Halloween!  Every year she throws an awesome Halloween party!  She totally goes all out.  This is what our costumes are for.  We sort of always dress to match.  If anything it makes the costume picking easier.  I'm the Halloween freak, so I've had costume chosen since last year. ;)  Okay, sorry rambling.  The reason this is so great is because I think Houston is secretly as into Halloween as I am.  YAY!  WE talked about it for like an hour.  It's going to be awesome!  I'm super excited!

Okay, that was probably hard to follow and totally random, but what else would expect, coming from me.  Only odd things to make the holiday great for me!

P.S.  I have already  decided what I want to be next year.  ;)  Startin' early! 

1 comment: