Our Journey...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Things I Never Thought I Would Like....

I need to make blogs that aren't all about reading.  Wow, I'm a giant book worm now. ;)  I looked back through my recent posts and it's all book reviews.  I'm making a special effort here people!  LOL!

To the actual subject of this post.  As many of you here know.  As a kid I was such a stinker when it came to trying new kinds of food.  Like everything!  Ha ha!

But look at that cute face!

Well,  since then, things have changed.

It all started when I met Houston.  He convinced me to try all sorts of new things.  Most of which are things that are actually good for me.  Plus!!  All of the following are things I WOULD NOT eat before meeting him...

Asparagus
My parents didn't really like it so I just followed suit.  Not any more!  It's so good!

************

Broccoli
I would eat this before, but it had to be covered in cheese and other such things.  We eat it steamed with just some salt and pepper.  

************

Cabbage
This one took awhile.  I tried it few times and wasn't impressed.  I don't know what happened, I just started liking it.  We eat it steamed as well.  I even ate it for an after work snack today! 

************

Salmon
I've always liked Halibut, but salmon... That was not happening.  We've been eating  it a lot more recently and I have come to really like it. 

************

Yams
I still can't eat these plain, but candied yams, especially Houston's Dad's recipe.... Yum!

************

Stuffing
This one I wouldn't touch!  Now it's something I look forward to every year. (Multiple Times) 



 ******************************************



I KNOW!  What happened to me!  I was such a snot about all these foods.  Now, I love them.  I have Houston to thank for convincing me to take a "Risk" and at least try them.  He's the one person I will readily put the proverbial foot in my mouth for.  Especially because once you start eating a lot of these things,  you magically start losing weight.  Yay!  Now  I just need to learn to like these....


That will be an uphill battle.  Neither one of us like these.  Lol!  They look so good in pictures...  I don't know what it is. They are weird, but I will try for this one too.  :)

Any other suggestions on foods I should try..?  I'm trying to expand my pallet.

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing how our taste buds change as we get older. I hated mushrooms when I was younger, but now I love them. I don't know what your problem is with tomatoes, because they are so delicious!! j/k It is scary yet good to try new things! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete