Our Journey...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, December 3, 2010

A treeless Christmas... Sort of...

We made it to December 1st!  I put out what little Christmas stuff we have.  I really like the stuff we have, it's just not very much.  So, to the treeless thing...  We had a real tree last year.  If  we do get one it will probably be a little Charlie Brown tree.  I don't really want to buy one.  We don't want a fake tree either because I don't want another giant box crowding the basement with the rest of the boxes. 

So!  With that being said, I will show you our make sift tree as well as some of the other decorations we have.
This is our tree!  It's actually a photo tree that I bought for our wedding.  I didn't use it there, but it's been kicking around ever since.  I just got all the ornaments we had from last year and attached to each clip. The little angel down by the countdown blocks is the only nativity we have as of yet.  We will get a better one someday, but I figure it will do for now.
We can't put our stockings over the fireplace.  It gets WAY too hot!
I found this stocking hanger last year at Target and LOVED it.  I'm so proud, I felt like showing it off. :)
My mom bought this sign for us last year when we were in California. 
The tree is Houston's stocking hanger and the polar bear and raccoon were something I bought along time ago when I worked at Roberts Crafts.  They have little tea light holders inside, so when lit, the stars all light up.

That's about it. I do have a pine candle, so we can pretend there is a tree somewhere down there.  I must say though that I decorated my parent's and Houston's parent's tree's so I have down my duty. :)

2 comments:

  1. i think your 'tree' looks smashing!
    and by the way i absolutely LOVE *LOVE* your stocking hanger. i think i might have to steal it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you appreciate my tree. I liked it at first but didn't know what Houston would think of it, but he came home and said that he thought it was pretty cool.

    As for the stocking hanger...

    I'll fight ya for it! ;) ha ha! When I first saw it at Target, there was only one left and wasn't going to get it at first... that lasted walking about 10 feet away. Ran back and grabbed it. Ha ha! P.S. I LOVE "American Trash" Holy cow! I can't stop listening to it.

    ReplyDelete