Our Journey...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, June 10, 2011

A Murder of Crows, Scarecrows, and Fall in General!

Today I needed to run to a craft store to get some paper for a Halloween decoration that I wanted to make.  The paper had to look like old parchment paper.  So, I drove to the new Hobby Lobby in town.  Do you think I was able to get out with only the paper...?  Absolutely not, would be the correct response.  They actually had some fall decor stuff in already... I couldn't resist.  I ended up finding some things that made for a quick and easy centerpiece for Thanksgiving, for that matter all of the fall season.  So, here are my step by step's of both projects.  (The paper craft and the centerpiece)

I do have something to say about Autumn/Fall decor first.  Most of it really looks like.... "Going to grandma's"  Ha ha!  Sorry everyone, but that's really how I feel.  So I was really trying to find things that were not so much that.  I feel that I succeeded today!

First off!

Paper craft!

This is for Halloween, Go figure....  I found the image online. It needed something extra, so I added text.  And here is from there to the finished product...

I love scarecrows! (Perfect for me Right!?)  I printed it off on white to get it the way I wanted it.

 Enlarge this picture and you can see how pixelated it is.  Problem..? Yes!

Solution...
 A Pen!

 Here is it printed on the paper I bought. (Now is when you use the pen to fix the pixelation)  Even with that fixed, I still wanted it to look older.  So, I used this stuff.  (I love it!)

Distress Ink and a tissue.  The ink can be found at any craft store and comes in quite a few colors.  I used Walnut Brown.  

 Then the picture looks like this!  Much older looking!

And for the finished product in a frame...



**********************************
Now onto the centerpiece!

All the pieces were bought at Hobby Lobby.  All were 50% off!  SWEET!

Project includes, 4 wooden Acorns, 1 wooden pine cone, 1 basket, 1 fall garland, and a bag of Autumn toned jewels.

First!
 Roll up the garland into the basket.  (fix the leaves however you want)

Second!
Add the acorns and the pine cone in a decorative way..

Third!
Add the jewels to add some sparkle and also to fill in the spaces.

And.... Your done!

If that wasn't the easiest 2 projects ever!  We can skip July and August right..?  Fall can come right now.  No really, I mean it!
But do you think I could get out of there with just that... Nope! Ha ha!  As I have said before, I really like Crows.  So, in passing through the fall aisles, what do I find.  CROWS!!!  Their are 3 in the set, but they were all priced individually... yeah,  but here they are!

So cute right!?  I loved them. <3

Okay, this is really all I bought, but can you believe I got everything above, minus the frame and Distress Ink,  for only $30!?  I was pretty impressed with myself.


 

1 comment:

  1. Those are really cute! Way to go! Congrats on 2 years! The floating lanterns are cool huh? I wished that they wouldn't go so high, but it is still fun to watch them!

    ReplyDelete