Our Journey...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 16, 2012

One Snowy Day...



Two of our dearest friends in the world were sealed forever to the love of their lives...

~Each other~

I can't tell you how happy I feel every time I think about them together.  They are so perfect together.  I want  them to know how much they mean to us.  Some notable moments of the day (From my point of view)

~She wanted it so badly to snow, and it did!  It was beautiful!

~ The sealing room was PACKED!  So much so, that I sat on Houston's lap, so there was at least one extra seat for someone else.

~ At the end of the sealing they were able to be congratulated by everyone in attendance.  It was a precious moment to see him with tears in his eyes, as he stood next to his beautiful new wife.

~ She has the most perfect smile. I don't just mean on this day.  It's everyday! But, I have never seen her smile so much, even as she stood out in the snow with short sleeves and lace.

~ There luncheon was nearby at the Stake Center.  You would never think of pizza being served at a wedding luncheon, but that's what they did, and it was GREAT!  I love pizza! Easy, no stress for anyone, well... other than the place who delivered it.

~ A few notes about the reception...  First, the flowers... Gorgeous! Second, the refreshments were doughnut holes and a hot chocolate bar.  (How is that not awesome!?)

~ The grooms parents live in Houston and I's ward, so we were able to mingle with a lot of our fellow ward members, and that's always fun.

~Being friends with both the bride and the groom is something that I find pretty special. I feel like I'm apart of some special club.

~ One hilarious moment of the night...  When she threw the bouquet, it hit a cross beam on the ceiling and fell straight down.  It was slightly mangled for the second toss, but made it to the hands of her younger sister nonetheless.  ( I find this so funny because when Houston and I were married, I threw the bouquet so hard that is landed in a fountain and my friend Erin had to get back there in 5 inch stilettos to fish it out.)

~They had a slide show playing of pictures of the two of them through the years. There were a lot of pictures in there that I was lucky enough to be there for!

~ As a send off, we all received the biggest sparklers I've ever seen, to send them onto their new life as a married couple. Pretty cool way to end one of the best days of your life.

~The best and most important and special part of the day... They will be together FOREVER!  And we were invited to be there!

I don't think I can say enough times how happy I am for them.  I'm so glad that I have such great friends, and to see them happy TOGETHER makes me tear up every time I think about it.

If I can say something to them, it would be... If your going to change at all, may it be for the better. For yourself and each other.  Also, thank you for letting be apart of your special day and you life.

P.S.  They are going to have the most adorable kids!  ;)  But that comes later... ha ha!

2 comments:

  1. So happy for them. Good work on getting them together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Michelle!! This made me cry. Happy happy tears.

    Thank you for being such an amazing friend!

    ReplyDelete