Our Journey...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Graduation and a Birthday

Yes the photo above is of my nephew Cameron.  He graduated HIGH SCHOOL this year!  I honestly still can't believe it.  I remember when he was just tiny.  The whole experience makes me feel really old. 




 I'm standing pretty much straight up in the photo above.  Need I say, he's a giant!?

 Here he is with his youngest brother Jace

My parent's and I drove to Idaho on Tuesday to see the ceremony yesterday.  Houston had to work :(   The whole shindig was held at the BYU-Idaho center.  It was pretty huge actually. Ha ha!  Here are photos of the event...

 His photo on the huge screen(s) they have in there

 Him and his friend (not shown) are the tallest in his graduating class.  Can ya tell..?


 His lovely pose  while they read off his name.  Classic Cam!


It was pretty awesome event.  Cameron was so glad to be done.  Ha ha! (weren't we all)  The speakers were pretty dang good.  The only sad, but inspiring, moment was when the parent's of one of his class mates accepted his diploma for him.  2 months ago, the boy committed suicide.  Pretty sad.  He had a full ride scholarship to BYU-I .  It was awesome that his parent's could do that for him though. :)

As for the Birthday!  It comes from the same family....

That would be Jace!  He turned 7.  I really remember when he was born.  So yes I feel old.  ;)  His cake is How to Train Your Dragon, which he LOVES.  He was really good about celebrating Cam's Graduation all day and then the evening was his.  Can I say, that cake tasted Awesome! He was so cute when he blew out his candles!  View below...

 That would be Cam's arm. (12 feet long)

As for blowing out the candles, he's a professional.

Now for the presents....
 Jace loves Mancala. (Present from my parent's)  He plays multiple times when he comes to Grandma and Grandpa's house.  So why not have his own at home.

 Present from Julie and Family.  It's a soccer ball and somehow hooks to the hose.  Ha ha!  (That should make no mess at all, I'm sure) 

 Houston and I's gift.  It's an animatronic Big Foot.  He wanted it to work right away, but the battery needed to be charged.  I hope he enjoys it. 

Present from Mom and Dad.  A Hot Wheels dragon, that floats in the tub.  He wanted to jump in the tub right away with this! :)

I think he had fun on his birthday.  It's was definitely a big celebration day at the Hadlock household.  I was happy that I could go.  I haven't been up to Idaho in a long while and it was about time I got back up there again.   I wish it was longer, I feel like I ran up and ran home.  

Next time = spend some time!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how tall Cameron is. He is huge. That looks like a fun yet quick trip.

    ReplyDelete