Our Journey...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Extra Fabric = More Projects

If you do any type of sewing, you know what I'm talking about when I say,  "I have fabric, and have no idea what to do with it."  The scenario, for me, always goes like this...  I go to the fabric store to buy fabric for a project, like this....
As I stand in line to have my fabric cut, out of the corner of  my eye, I see some really cute fabric that, for who knows what reason, I feel like I have to have.  In this case, this fabric....
Afterwards, it sits in a drawer of months and months and months...  Then out of the blue I remember it's there, and have no idea what I planned on doing with it.  Hmm....

I swear ideas fall down on me right when I need them.  I found this tutorial for Puff Quilt.  I thought it was an awesome idea!  The funny thing is, the quilt that was made for the tutorial is the same color combo as the fabric I have.  There it is...

And... Close up!


What a great idea!  Now a new problem.  I only have 2 fabrics.  They are way too busy to make this with just those!  So... I had to go back to the fabric store to add to it so I could do it properly.  So, now add the following to the fabric I first purchased...

All together looks like this...

I can't just wing things like this.  I have to draw myself a template so I know the game plan from the very beginning.  So I drew this...

Now for the back.  I'm not making a full size quilt out of it.  It's actually just baby size.  NO IDEA'S here people!  I'm not pregnant!  Anyway, being a baby blanket means it has to be soft and snuggly.  I must be a giant nerd but I found this....
It's black faux fur.  Lol! it's so soft!  Taking pictures of black fabric, on a black couch looks all sorts of weird, so sorry about a crazy photo.  

I have a super project ahead of me.  But I have a few other fabric projects that need to be completed first.  So until then.  I have something fun to occupy my time.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with that. It looks super cute, but it looks super hard to me!! I love how you are always willing to try anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually isn't that hard. It's very time consuming because you have to fill each square individually with fiber fill. Other than that, it's just like making a patching quilt. A plus is that you don't have to put batting in it since all the squares have it in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO CUTE! Hmmm, a baby blanket even though you aren't pregnant? Do you have any plans to give it to someone who is? ;) Or is it for your future babies?

      Delete