Our Journey...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Waddling Horde!

First off I must tell you of my affection for ducks.  I think they are so fun!

Today, while I was delivering mail. I happen to be on the phone with my sister.  I have a section on my route that is one after another, after another of those CBU boxes (Silver boxes with a group of boxes for a neighborhood)  Across the street from where I am, there is a a little stream that runs between the backyards of a group of town homes.  There is usually a pair of ducks that swim back and forth in there.  Today I wasn't really looking over there, but I saw out of the corner of my eye something coming across the road to me.  It was a pair of ducks.  Male and female.  I told Julie, with gitty excitement.  I continued filling the box, not thinking the ducks would come close.  Well.... they did.  They came right up to me.  But I noticed there were a few more....  That's when I look up and see the HERD of ducks coming over to me.  LOL!  It was awesome!  I took pictures....

First photo taken...

A moment later....

Waddling Horde is upon me!!!


I couldn't ask for a better surprise!  I love ducks.  There little quack, such a cute sound!  I didn't have anything to feed them though.  I will say that these particular ducks had no fear of cars so it took a  bit longer to get on to the next box. From there, I do another set of CBU's, then I'm across the street from where this picture was taken.  By the time I got there, the duck horde had moved back over to the stream.  As I stand at that CBU box over there, I hear the quack sound again... growing louder.  I turn around to see the same group swimming very quickly towards me.  I'm sure they were hoping I had something this time, since I didn't the first.  No luck. :(

Maybe I will get some crackers or something, just in case I'm swarmed upon again next week.  I wouldn't mind that actually.  It makes me want to own ducks again. I would have this kind though...

Called, Cayuga Ducks
 
SO CUTE!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Maybe they were hoping for some mail too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it was a good luck sign! That is fun. I love the book the Help too. Have you seen the movie yet? It is way good too, I would recommend it if you haven't seen it. You must be a super fast reader. It takes me about three months to finish one book. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did see the movie for The Help. I think I'm a faster reader than I originally thought, but I think it's all because I have so much time to actually do it. I used to read and do it kicking and screaming. Now, I would much rather do that than watch TV. Lol!

    ReplyDelete